I spent several years grieving the loss of my dad, which stifled my ambition, drive and creativity more than I should have allowed. It’s good to be back.
- I live in Nashville, Tennessee, where I spend a glorious amount of time with my extremely colorful wife and two boys. We play Super Smash Bros., I get destroyed in Star Wars Battlefront, we watch Doctor Who (new and old) and tell good stories. We also like board and card games. And the Lord saw that it was good.
- I finished work at my second local church, start at a third in July 2016, and meanwhile offer the same communications, media, creativity and branding strategy services to other businesses and non-profits in the form of Brian Holaway Creative. I think I have a unique perspective on this work and enjoy helping other churches with perspective.
- I teach when possible, usually at the local church where I work. My topics vary but are surrounded by the common theme of perspective (and how we need a new one on scripture, Jesus, God and life) and grace.
- I meet friends for coffee or beer and discuss the fun and difficult things in life and the infinitely knowable mystery. These meetings keep me alive. I’m incredibly grateful for my friends; their honesty, wisdom, humor and loyalty. You can find me at Sip most Friday’s around Noon.
- I co-founded Formal Bear with my brother. Together we assist churches and non-profits in their brand, strategy, staff and overall communications but what we offer extends beyond my independent work as Brian Holaway Creative.
- I’m reading and researching and exploring, some of which I attempt to document on this site for whoever it may benefit.
- I’m always planning the next adventure. So far we (together or individually) visited most US States, Africa, Mexico, the Dominican Republic and, next, England.
That’s all. It’s not meant as an extensive list of what I would like to do (which is endless). It’s what I am doing, and trying to do well, without sacrificing the lot because I say yes to too much.